18 Apr 10 Things to Look for When Hiring a Professional Tree Service
10 Things to Look for When Hiring a Professional Tree Service
There are many different companies out there offering tree services. That’s why it’s so important to know who you’re hiring to avoid potential problems. Looking for a tree removal company with certified arborists is a good place to start. They have years of education and training in tree biology and maintenance. When it’s time to hire a certified arborist and tree removal service in North Florida, here are 10 things you should keep in mind.
1. Insurance. One of the most important things you’ll want to check is that the tree service you hire is insured. They should carry liability insurance to cover any damage that can potentially be done to your property. They should also carry worker’s compensation insurance to cover any injuries that their employees may sustain while working on your property. It also protects you from being sued should any injuries occur.
2. Licensure. Check to make certain that the company’s license is up to date and meets the requirements for tree removal in North Florida. It is illegal to operate a tree removal service without a license.
3. Credentials. Consider which special training and certifications the company has. Some of the credentials to look for are:
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified
- AED and CPR Trained
- Emergency Aerial Rescue Certified
- Powerline Safety Certified
- Climber Safety Certified
4. Referrals. Can they provide you with a list of referrals for their work? Hearing from other customers can help you know what to type of work to expect. You can also check out the company’s online reviews to make sure there are no major complaints or disputes.
5. Estimate. When hiring a tree removal service in North Florida, make sure they will provide you will a detailed, written estimate of all charges. This will prevent you from incurring any surprise fees down the road.
6. Compare Services. It’s always a smart idea to compare several companies when hiring someone to do work for you. Compare costs, services offered, equipment and time estimates.
7. Equipment. Ask what type of equipment the company will be using. Do they have their own cranes for bigger jobs? Make sure they have all the necessary equipment to get your job done efficiently and with minimal damage to the rest of your property.
8. Employee Training. Inquire about the backgrounds of the company’s employees. Make sure that they have extensive experience and certified arborists on staff, and that they run a drug-free company.
9. On the Job Safety. Tree removal companies in North Florida are required by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration to provide all tree removal employees with protective gear and equipment to keep themselves safe on the job site. Make sure they are following this requirement.
10. Time. Does the company offer 24-hour emergency tree service? How long it will take for them to complete your job? This can vary greatly from company to company, so be sure to ask ahead of time.
For tree care and tree removal in Jacksonville and St. Augustine, contact TREECO. Our team of certified arborists understands tree health, can diagnose disease and insect infestations, and safely handle equipment to make sure you get the highest level of service.